This notice describes how we use your personal information.
This Privacy Notice last changed on 24th May 2018
Click here to view archived versions
Who we are
We are International Management Group (UK) Ltd and respect your privacy.
Your personal information is collected by International Management Group (UK) Ltd: 00946580
International Management Group (UK) Ltd‘s contact details are as follows:
IMG UK Ltd
566 Chiswick High Rd
If you have questions, please contact the Privacy Counsel, EMEA at:
Data collection and usage
Sources of data
Automated decision making
Legal and other requirements
How long we keep your information
Information we share
Where your information will be held
Right to object
Analysis and advertising
Cookies and Similar Technology
Tracking in our Apps
Links to third party websites
Changes to the notice
How to contact us
We will collect store and use your personal information
Certain types of personal information are more sensitive than others. “Special information” about you includes information about health, disability, race, ethnicity, political opinions, biometrics or religion. We may collect and receive special information about you.
We have identified here the types of information we may collect or receive, how we will use it and why we will use it.
The table below explains what information we collect and how and why we use it.
· when you set up a user account;
· when you subscribe to email updates, newsletters or other subscriptions and features made available on our website from time to time; and
· when you participate in our contests, promotions, sweepstakes, surveys or live voting features on our website
Specifically, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address, e-mail address, password, account settings and preferences.
Further information may be collected about you if you register for an account via a social media platform including Facebook, Google, Twitter.
You can also create an account for our App using your Facebook, Twitter or Google+ credentials. We will not collect your Facebook, Twitter or Google+ username or password but we may collect details from these websites that confirm whether you are logged-in to the App using your Facebook, Twitter or Google+ accounts.
· create an account for you to use our website / Apps;
· provide our services;
· manage and administer our systems;
· help us ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud;
· identify how you’d like to use your account
· Send you our newsletters;
· Administrating the competition or prize draw;
· Contact you and provide you with the prize if you win the competition or prize draw;
· Announce the winner of the competition or prize draw on our Website or Apps;
· Request that you be involved in other publicity for us or third parties;
· Confirm that you are logged-in to the App using your Facebook, Twitter or Google+ accounts; and
· Share this information with third parties if you have provided your consent to this.
· this is necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you;
· this is necessary to comply with legal or regulatory requirements;
· we have a legitimate business interest to:
· tell you about the various products and services we can offer;
· understand how you use our products, services, platforms Apps and websites;
· understand the type of products and services our customers buy and how they use them;
· Ensure you remain engaged with our services via competitions and prize draws;
· understand and respond to customer feedback;
· research and analyse the services our customers want;
· improve our services based on what we learn from your activity and the activity of others on recent visits to our website or App;
· postal marketing; or
· direct marketing to business contacts.
· In addition to the above, where we have obtained your consent to use the data, then we can rely on that consent.
Specifically, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address, e-mail address. We may also collect your photograph, audio and video records, and your date of birth.
· provide you with information about the event that you are attending;
· ensure your eligibility to attend events;
· manage and administer our events efficiently;
· help us ensure that visitors to event are genuine and to prevent fraud; and
· identify how you’d like to use your account;
· send you our newsletters;
· administrating the competition or prize draw;
· contact you and provide you with the prize if you win the competition or prize draw;
· announce the winner of the competition or prize draw on our website or Apps or in our events;
· request that you be involved in other publicity for us or third parties;
· share this information with third parties if you have provided your consent to this.
· manage and administer our events efficiently; or
· the content that you have viewed and/or purchased;
· the things that we’ve provided, or you’ve purchased;
· when and where you have accessed content and/or made the purchases (including where information can be identified from your IP address);
· what you paid and how;
· whether you’ve opened electronic communications from us;
· whether you’ve clicked on links in electronic communications from us;
· your marketing preferences;
· our App make use of GPS tracking (with your consent) and
· our Apps may use push notifications to send you notifications
· identify products and services that may be of interest to you (e.g. offering recommended relevant content to you);
· personalise our service to you: to provide you with, make available, and show you more of the things which interest you, based on your activity and feedback;
· do statistical analysis and research with the purpose of allowing us to better understand the breakdown of our customers, the products / services being bought, the demographics of those buying our products and services, what attracts our customers to our products and services, where our customers have come from online (such as from links on other websites or advertising banners), and the way in which our website or App is used by different user groups based on recent visits to and how you move around different sections of our website or Apps;
· improve our services and efficiency of service delivery to help us meet your needs and expectations based on recent visits to and how you move around different sections of our website or App;
· develop new services based on what we learn from your activity and the activity of other customers based on recent visits to and how you move around different sections of our website or App;
· monitor the way our website /App] is used; and
· to provide you with location-based functions;
· (to allow you to upload your photos and videos for use in the App;
· to send you notifications regarding the App;
· combine this information with other types of information mentioned above to allow us to make our services more personal and tailored to each customer’s preferences and habits.
o tell you about the various products and services we can offer;
o understand how you use our products; services, Apps and websites
o understand the type of products and services our customers buy and how they use them;
o understand and respond to customer feedback;
o research and analyse the services our customers want;
o improve our services;
o ensure that we are better able to personalise our offers to you;
o postal marketing; or
o direct marketing to business contacts.
· your contact details including: your name, address, email address;
· your bank account details;
· the details you provide to open an online account with us;
· the product / service purchased.
· process your order;
· take payment from or give you a refund;
· on-board you as a customer;
· provide our products and services;
· manage and administer our services;
· send personalised offers or shopping ideas which are based on your shopping habits; and
o understanding how you use our products, services, platforms, Apps and websites based on recent visits to and how you move around different sections of our website or App;
o understanding the type of products and services our customers buy and how they use them;
o understanding and responding to customer feedback;
o researching and analysing the services our customers want;
o improve our services and better understand how our customers use them based on recent visits to and how you move around different sections of our website or Apps;
·your contact details (this may include your social media account if that’s the way you communicate with us);
·the details of your communications with us (including when you sent it, when we received it and where you sent it from (such as our website Apps, via email, through social media)); and the details of our messages to you.
· answer any issues or concerns;
· monitor customer communications for quality and training purposes;
· develop new services which is based on the information your provide;
· improve our services based on the information and feedback you provide and the information and feedback provided by others; and
· personalise our service to you to take account of the information and feedback you have provided.
o understand customer feedback and respond to customer communications in a consistent manner;
o improve our services based on the feedback you provide;
o provide security over our business and who we trade with;
o prevent and detect fraud;
o use artificial intelligence to route customers to the most appropriate part of the organisation; or
o verifying customer details.
· technical information, including IP address, login information, browser type and version (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.), time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system you are using (e.g., Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS, etc.), platform, device type, hardware model, MAC address, unique device identifiers and mobile network information;
· information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time);
· information about your network, such as information about devices, nodes, configurations, connection speeds, and network and application performance; and
· pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
provide and adapt our services to take account of the technical capabilities of our users and to ensure content is presented in the most effective manner;
· Analyse site traffic and understand customer needs and trends;
· improve our services and for efficiency of service delivery to help us meet your needs and expectations based on recent visits to and how you move around different sections of our website or App;
· personalise our services to you: to provide you with, make available, and show you more of the things which interest you, based on your activity and feedback;
· identify products and services that may be of interest to you; (e.g. offering recommended relevant content to you);
· identify issues with the website or app and user’s experience of them;
· do statistical analysis and research with the purpose of allowing us to better understand the breakdown of our customers, the products / services being bought, what attracts our customers to our products and services, where our customers have come from online (such as from links on other websites or advertising banners), and the way in which our website or App is used by different users groups; and
· monitor the way our website /App is used.
o understanding how our customers use our products, services, Apps and websites
o ensuring network and information security;
o fraud prevention and detection;
o use of artificial intelligence to route customers to the most appropriate part of the organisation;
o assessing the number of visitors, posts, page views, reviews and followers in order to optimise future marketing campaigns;
· payment processing companies;
· your employer, contractor, agent;
· your bank;
· other entities in our group;
· publicly available sources such as the electoral roll.
This information includes:
· Name and title, contact details, company name, business title, email address;
· Where our contacts have online accounts, log-in and similar credentials and information about use of these services;
· Communications with our business contacts.
· personalise our service to you;
· statistical analysis and research so that we can better understand our customers and allow us to develop and improve our services; and
· we have a legitimate business interest in:
o developing and maintaining relationships with vendors, partners and other companies and dealing with individuals who work for them;
o conducting research to improve our services;
o ensuring network and information security;
o fraud prevention and detection;
o providing security over our business and who we trade with;
o direct marketing to business contacts.
· in addition to the above, where we have obtained your consent to use the data, then we can rely on that consent.
· information available in the media;
· information presented on our social media or wider social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; and
· information collected by security systems (such as CCTV) when you visit our premises or attend our events.
· maintain market awareness;
· build and maintain social media branding;
· provide security to our sites; and
o providing security over our business;
o maintaining a public profile within the media;
o maintaining the accuracy of data we hold;
o conducting research to improve our services ;
o developing and maintaining relationships with vendors, partners and other companies; or
o dealing with individuals who work for them in our sector
· contact details of individuals working for organisations;
· other personal information regarding such individuals.
· build relationships with other organisations;
· provide marketing communications to these individuals;
· improve our services and develop new services based on the preferences and behaviours of these individuals.
o develop and maintain relationships with vendors, partners and other companies;
o deal with individuals who work for them in our sector
o tell you about the various products and services we can offer;
· Specifying certain dietary requirements that imply specific religious beliefs or medical conditions
· Provide our services;
· Verify our customers’ identities and prevent fraud.
We will use your health / biometric data where:
· we have your explicit consent for the relevant purpose;
· this is necessary to protect your vital interests in an emergency or those of another person;
· the relevant information has been made public by you;
· this is necessary or in connection with legal claims or court proceedings.
Please note: that when information is shared with a third party, it is also necessary to explain the legitimate interests relied on by the third party, when that is the relevant legal basis for processing.
If you would like to have more information about our legitimate interests to process your personal data, please contact us as set out below.
We will also receive information about you (including your personal information) if you use any other websites or apps operated or other services provided by us or our group companies. In this case, that information will be shared within the group and combined with information collected on this website/App. We will also receive and display information and content which you make publicly available on your social media accounts.
Some information is processed because you’ve given your consent to that (where consent is required). You can withdraw your consent at any time (in your account preferences or settings) or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Your personal information is either (a) provided by you (e.g. via our website / platform / App /social media pages); (b) obtained from third parties (such as other entities in our group; (c) obtained from publicly available sources (e.g. the Internet, Companies House).
In particular, data may be obtained from the following third parties: galleries, social networks, payment processing companies, data brokers, ticketing companies, Google Adwords, Linkedin, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, display partners, social networks, 3rd party site plugins.
In some cases we need to collect or retain personal information for legal reasons
Some of the personal information we request is required to provide the services and if it is not provided, we may not be able to provide the relevant products and services to you or provide information you have requested from us. If the personal information is needed to participate in an activity on our website / App, you may not be able to do so if you do not provide that personal information to us.
In other cases, for example, when we request your personal data to send you marketing and promotional communications or to personalise your experience with our services, the lack of such information will mean it is impossible to send you these communications or to personalise your experience, but it will not have any consequence to the primary purpose of the data collection (to provide the services).
Any personal information you supply to us through our website/App must be complete and accurate. You also agree to allow us to contact you to verify your personal information, if we need to.
How long do we keep your information
We generally keep information as needed to provide services and to deal with legal claims
We will keep your information for as long as it is reasonably necessary and to deal with claims. It will depend on factors such as whether you’ve got an account with us, have interacted with recent offers or have attended our recent events. We will also retain your information as necessary to comply with legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
We will also retain a copy of your contact details if you object or opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications from us. We will add your details to our suppression list to ensure you do not receive any future marketing communications from us. Also, we will not delete personal data if relevant to an investigation or a dispute. It will continue to be stored until those issues are fully resolved.
There are certain circumstances where we transfer your personal data to employees, contractors and to other parties.
Your personal information may be transferred to other third party organisations in certain scenarios:
Your personal data may be shared if it is made anonymous and aggregated, as in such circumstances the information will cease to be personal data.
Your information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including the USA which does not have equivalent data protection laws to those applicable to Europe. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, for one of our affiliated companies, or for the organisation that hosts our website / App.
However, to ensure your personal information is properly protected in line with EU data protection law, the transfer of this information is governed by a contract including Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) approved by the European Commission in accordance with Article 46(2)(c) of the General Data Protection Regulation.
We will only transfer data to jurisdictions outside the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) where the appropriate safeguards set out in the GDPR are in place.
If you would like to obtain copies of the regulator-approved SSCs please contact us on the contact details below.
You have certain rights in relation to your information. The availability of these rights and the ways in which you can use them are set out below in more detail.
Some of these rights will only apply in certain circumstances. If you would like to exercise, or discuss, any of these rights, please contact email@example.com.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State in the European Union where you are habitually resident where we are based or where an alleged infringement of Data Protection law has taken place. In the UK you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (Tel: 0303 123 1113 or at www.ico.org.uk).
You have a right to object to us processing your information in certain circumstances.
Objection: where we are processing your personal information based on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) you may challenge this. However, we may be entitled to continue processing your information based on our legitimate interests or where this is relevant to legal claims. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
As described above, you can opt-out of receiving direct marketing from us at any time.
We may use the information you give us on our website / App for direct marketing purposes to provide updates; newsletters; events; or other communications that we think may interest you. We will only do this with your consent (where required by law).
You can opt-out of receiving direct marketing from us at any time. You can do this by changing your marketing preferences on your online accounts settings page, clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included at the end of any marketing email we send to you, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Analysis and Marketing
We use third party tools to personalise the advertising displayed to you on our website / App.
We use third party tools, to make the advertising we show you on our website, Apps and / or our partner websites more relevant and interesting to you,
to provide advertising to you on third party non-partner websites (including social media websites such as Facebook). Please see our Cookies Policy for further information.
You may opt-out at any time from the collection and use of your data by contacting us at email@example.com
Do Not Track
You can enable a ‘Do Not Track’ feature in your browser’s settings, if your browser supports that feature. When Do Not Track is turned on, your browser will send a Do Not Track request to the sites you visit. The Do Not Track request lets these sites know that you prefer not to have your browsing activity tracked. You can take similar steps in mobile.
To submit a Do Not Track request on mobile using an iOS device:
To submit a Do Not Track request on mobile using an Android device
Some devices may require a different procedure, so please check your instructions.Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies collect and store information when you visit our website including information about how you use it through which it is possible to monitor your use of the website, as well as provide you with a better service and experience when browsing the website and for analytics.
Web beacons (also known as “single pixel GIFs”, “clear GIFs” or “tags”) are small graphic images that may be included on our website. Web beacons:
We also work with other organisations to place our cookies and web beacons on their websites or in their advertisements. We do this to help us develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement on our websites results in a purchase or other interaction on the advertiser’s website.
For more information about cookies and how we use them, please see our Cookie Notice. Security
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through our App / website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to third party website
Our website, newsletters, email updates and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of others including our partner networks, advertisers and other group companies and/or social networks as offered to you and supported by your browser.
The personal data that you provide through these websites is not subject to this privacy notice and the treatment of your personal data by such websites is not our responsibility. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices which will set out how your information is collected and processed when visiting those sites. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy notices of entities through which you choose to share.
We do not knowingly collect information from children or other persons who are under 18 years old. If you are under 18 years old, you may not submit any personal information to us or subscribe for the services. If you believe we might have any personal information from or about a person under the age of 18, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Notice
This notice may be changed from time to time.
If we change anything important about this notice (the information we collect, how we use it or why) we will highlight those changes at the top of the notice and provide a prominent link to it for a reasonable length of time following the change.
Once this notice is posted on our website, it will automatically come into force. The latest version of this notice will prevail over all previous versions.
If you would like to access previous versions of this notice please contact email@example.com
If you would like more information about the way we manage personal information that we hold about you, or are concerned that we may have breached your privacy and wish to make a complaint, please contact us as set out below. We will do our best to resolve your complaint.
If you have any questions about this notice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.